Saturday, November 22, 2008

Declutter Your Home - How To Get Rid of Clutter

Does your home look like a bomb has hit it? Do you need an easy way to get rid of clutter? I know how you feel. I am the original pack-rat. I would just keep everything, just in case I might need it again one day.

I'm not sure when I finally turned the corner, but over the years I have felt exhausted by all my clutter. Clutter stops you getting on with your life. It drags you down. How can you really achieve any goals with all the clutter staring at you? Some of you might be able to, but I don't think I am one of them.

You don't have to get rid of clutter all in one go - you can move it to one location, so the rest of your home is free of clutter, then just attack that location little and often. I honestly find this is the best method for me. I get rid of all what I don't need in one go, so my rooms are nice and clear, put it all in one place yet I haven't thrown the baby out with the bathwater, as I then attack that one pile bit by bit. I admit though when I first started to get rid of my clothing excess, wouldn't you know it, six months later I was cursing myself for chucking out a skirt I wanted to wear. Never mind the fact I had not worn it in about 17 years. Now I wanted it, and it was gone. Oh well. You know what? I built a bridge and got over it!

How to get rid of clutter gets a bit addictive too. This is yet another good reason not to bolt down to the thrift store to get rid of your clutter. Just do your bathroom cupboard, or under the sink cupboard again. You will be amazed at how this can junk up in a matter of months.